Registered Swim Schools
Promoting Quality Swimming Lessons and Swim School Standards
Swim Australia registers Swim Schools, teaching swimming & water safety that meet the following criteria:
- Consent by Government Authority to operate
- Program is supervised by an ASCTA accredited teacher or equivalent
- Agree to abide by National guidelines as determined by ASCTA
- An inspection, complaints and evaluation mechanism operates.
Swim Australia Registered Swim Schools have EXCLUSIVE access to
- World’s best Professional Development & networking
- Discounts to industry leading resource tools
- Website listing which Swim Australia ranks as a leader (ie first or in the top few) with all the major search engines
- Industry updates through hard copy & e-version publications
- First rate customer service
- Plus many more
To view Swim Schools that are currently registered use the Swim Australia Swim School Locator.
Accredited Swim Schools
From the 1st June 2012, Registered Swim Schools were able to apply to become Swim Australia Accredited Swim Schools. To achieve this status, Swim Schools must pass more comprehensive and higher level standards. This ranges across the likes of teaching-learning, facilities, staff development and management practices.
Due to the nature of the assessment, it will take Swim Schools some considerable time to reach a positive outcome. Once Swim Schools have had a reasonable period to achieve Accreditation status, Swim Australia will be recognising same via the likes of this website.
From there, Accredited Swim Schools will have the option of applying to become a ‘Swim School of Excellence’ in various categories; including ‘SwimSAFER’, ‘SwimECO’ and ‘Teaching-Learning’.