Learn to Swim
Swim Australia is the Learn-to-Swim division of the Australian Swimming Coaches and Teachers Association.
Swim Australia aims to:
- Make all Australians aware of the many valuable benefits of swimming.
- Get all Australians to learn to swim in a safe, skilled and enjoyable way.
- Maintain Australians swimming for life.
Our vision is to help enhance people's lives through swimming lessons that make them feel at one with the water.
Professor John Kilpatrick about Swim Australia's operations:
"The organisation has played a prominent role in promoting swimming and water safety throughout Australia. This has been achieved through the promotion of:
- swimming and water safety throughour the community;
- increased participation in aquatic recreational pursuits,
- interaction between all levels of aquatic educators,
- the sharing of best practice principles in the aquatic education field,
- increased professionalism in the management and operations of aquatic education centres, and
- innovation in education and training."